Computes number of rows to read per iteration for a program that reads data from a disk file in a loop.
getnrmt(nsets, ncols, row, rowfac, maxv)¶
- nsets (scalar) – estimate of the maximum number of duplicate copies of the data matrix read by readr to be kept in memory during each iteration of the loop.
- ncols (scalar) – columns in the data file.
- row (scalar) – if row is greater than 0, nr will be set to row.
- rowfac (scalar) – nr will be reduced in size by this factor. If insufficient memory error is encountered, change this to a number less than one (e.g. 0.9).
- maxv (scalar) – the largest number of elements allowed in any one matrix.
nr (scalar) – number of rows
readr()should read per iteration of the read loop.